Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my water/ ice maker is not delivering water. have checked

my water/ ice maker is not delivering water.
have checked valves at back and water is being to filter and exiting filter then coming back out of the area where the hoses are silconed together about mid fridge at the outside of the back
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good evening, do you have a volt meter ? can you tell me is the ice maker cycling ? turning ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The ice maker is cycling but I had emptied it awhile back thinking that the line was frozen.

when we press the water on button to ask for water and were watching the back of the fridge we could see where it went to the filter and past and where it stops.

i can send you a photo and then you could tell me if there is a pump in there

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay so theres no water going to the door either ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no water going to the door

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, is there any water leaking anywhere ? you can see the water moving through the chiller ? (water tank) Water Tank AssemblyNNN-NN-NNNNMain Product View
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i can send you a picture of where the water is going in but not going out.

I can't see this chiller, but it must be in behind the silicon plug.

how can i send you my photo

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
the chiller is inside the refrigerator section behind the crisper drawer, take a hair dryer and try warming up the chiller tube and try the water about every two to three minutes and see if it comes out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay bryan we are just pulling out the crispers and deli drawer and are locating the chiller. we have found a water hose and will try to warm it.

the chiller must be covered in casing and we will uncover it for better access.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay let me know if that works, A lot of the time these freeze.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, that was the problem!

The tubing cracked during the thawing process but I think I can repair it with plumbing tape.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
thats great ! glad you got it fixed, please remember to rate me so I get paid for helping you, have a great day ! Smile. thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.