Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands

I have a Maytag Centennial Washer - about one year old. I

I have a Maytag Centennial Washer - about one year old. I put in clothes and started the machine. I returned a couple hours later and nothing had happened. The green light on the left and the red light on the right were blinking. I pushed the button to restart and now the red light on the right is blinking (the lid is locked) but nothing is happening, Is there a way to reset? This happened once before and the problem seemed to clear itself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and thank you for choosing service. do you know the model number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I think it is on the inside of the door, but the door is locked

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Chas. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Please also note, some issues require parts to be replaced which is out of my control (though I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was).

Have you tried unpluging the unit for about an hour and plugging it back in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I unplugged for 15-20 minutes, but condition remained

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
WIll it allow you to turn off the machine completely?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no way to turn the machine off - there is no dial to turn

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
you said this is centennial washer correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, Centennial "Commercial Technology"

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Is there a digital display on the unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
So how do you change the cycles?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There Are 4 dials, from left to right

1. Water Level

2. Temperature

3. A large dial for changing wash cycles (in the middle)

4. A yes/no dial for fabric softener

To start a cycle you push a red button with a rubber cover

Underneath the center dial is a series of lights that tell you what is going on with the wash

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Is there a rubber button on the right hand side?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Press and hold the rubber button down until the lights go out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried that with no luck

Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 1 year ago.

To enter diagnostics you unplug for 5 mins, then you set the knob (cycle selector) to 12 o clock position. You then plug in, turn 1 click to the right, 3 clicks to the left, and 1 click right and 1 click left and 1 click right. Once you do this all lights should come on. If it doesn't the board is bad.

It's about 50/50 ... I just replaced one yesterday EXACT same symptom. Once I replaced it I also found a sock in the drain pump which is likely what overloaded the board in the first place. But other than going into diagnostics and recalibrating the unit there isn't a "reset" chas was right holding the rubber button down for 10 secs should reset the cycle. when this doesn't work it's likely diagnostics won't either ..... and if they don't you need a board. Lemme know and I'm happy to provide parts info and replacement instructions. They are pretty easy to install. Thanks!

Experience: 7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands