Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My new Whirlpool portable washer leaked water. Why?

I just got a Whirlpool portable washer. Filled it with water and it all leaked out. I turned it over and found a small white hose just hanging there. Where is it suppose to be? I found that is where the water was coming out.

Is it a clear hose about 3/8" thick?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, it is a clear hose. Not sure of the thickness.

That is the pressure tube. Look on the back side of the outer tub towards the bottom, but on the side for a box that is molded on the outer tub. There is a port on top of that the pressure tube slides onto. If that is off, it will leak all over and will keep filling as well. Look at the red circled spot to show you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So I must take the panel to do that???

No, you should be able to tip the unit up and do it from underneath. That has the cover off just to show you where it is. You should easily be able to reach up and just slip it back on. Normally it is just a slip fit and it may have a guide ring to go through to keep it from popping off when the tub spins.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not see a box anywhere. I seem to think that the hose came somewhere from the top. I traced it with my hand and it is connected to something on the side of the tub, but the other part is just hanging there.

Ok then it has come off the pressure switch in the console. One end is connected to the side of the outer tub and the other goes up to the console and slips on the pressure switch port on the switch.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just where is that located?

Can you get me the complete model and then I can get you a breakdown of it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

LCR7244HQO is the model number. I have no clue what model it is. It is just a portable washer for an apartment. It was given to me.

The tube would connect to part number 12 at this link. There are 2 screws on the back edge to get the whole top to push forward and lift it off. The pressure switch is under the knob that you select the load size to give you an idea where it is.
CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok found it. Thank you so very much for your time.

No problem at all. Have a great weekend!