Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

i just got a whirlpool portable washer, filled it with water

Customer Question

i just got a whirlpool portable washer, filled it with water and it all leaked out, i turned it over and found a small white hose just hanging there, where is it suppose to be? i found that is where the water was coming out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Is it a clear hose about 3/8" thick?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, it is a clear hose, not sure of the thickness

That is the pressure tube. Look on the back side of the outer tub towrads the bottom, but on the side for a box that is molded on the outer tub. There is a port on top of that that the pressure tube slides onto. If that is off it will leak all over and will keep filling as well. Look at the red circled spot to show you

Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so i must take the panel to do that???

No you should be able to tip the unit up and do it from underneath, That has the cover off just to show you where it is. You should easily be able to reach up and just slip it back on. Normally it is just a slip fit and it may have a guide ring to go through to keep it from popping off when the tub spins.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you, will do my best to see if i can get it attached again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i do not see a box anywhere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i seem to think that the hose came somewhere from the top, i traced it with my hand and it is connected to something on the side of the tub,but the other part is just hanging there.

Ok then it has come off the pressure switch in the console. One end is connected to the side of the outer tub and the other goes up to the console and slips on the pressure switch port on the switch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just where is that located?

Can you get me the complete model and then I can get you a breakdown of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

LCR7244HQO IS THE MODEL NUMBER I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT MODEL IT IS, IT IS JUST A PORTABLE WASHER FOR AN APARTMENT. IT WAS GIVEN TO ME

The tube would connect to part #12 at this link. There are 2 screws on the back edge to get the whole top to push forward and lift it off. The pressure switch is under the knob that you select the load size to give you an idea where it is.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK FOUND IT, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!!!!!

No problem at all have a great weekend!