Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

no heat lint cleaned out new drum kit new motor red button

no heat lint cleaned out new drum kit new motor red button reset
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

You have taken off the back panel on the unit and made sure the red button on the high limit thermostat was not tripped?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it was i reset it element got red i re instaled back no heat i repeated and hit start no heat i let run lint filter flashes and it stoped

SO was the reset tripped again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i reinstalled the back i will pull it of again and check

Ok if it is tripped again you have a blockage. Run it with the vent off or check the vent to the outside make sure you have a good strong airflow. You may have a ball of lint as well in the duct where the lint screen is going into the blower. That is a pain as you need to disassemble a lot of the machine to clean it. If you have a flexible hose you can get it down in there and put a vacuum nozzle at the other end for a make shift flexible vaccum extension to get it cleaned out. Let me know what you find but this all points to an airflow issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it was pulled apart and cleaned out when drum barring installed and new motor yesterday running with out vent hooked up

Ok were you running it all together with all the panels on or was something off when you were running it? If the element is glowing really bright red instead of a dull orange then something is not sealing. If the bloere duct, drum seals or panel are not in place correctly the air will not be pulled across the heater through the unit and out the rear vent causing it too overheat and glow bright red then trip the thermal limiter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not turning red at all it did before just for a short time than gos to lint filter and stops

So will it start up now at all or just goes to a blinking filter light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

runs for 3 cycles of a few seconds each than goes to lint filter and stopes

This is normally a clogged up sensor or clogged lint screen. Pull out the lint screen look down iniside the duct in the corner. There you should see a sensor. If you can not see it there may be lint balled up over it. That sensor has to be cleared out and all lint has to be removed around it, that is a bad design and often causes that issue.. You can also remove the lint screen and try it to make sure that is not the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no lint on sensor i pulled out lint filter heater comes on . i am running with top back and side off red button poped i reset it gets hot males a bubbling sound and pops it because back off and no air flow

You have a clog in the unit. Check the filter duct where the lint screen goes in. Either that is severely clogged or the blower wheel is broken. You need to take the front of the unit off to get at it. Something is blocked or broken and no air is flowing for sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no lint lots of air put back on ran four 4 cycles smelled hot stop running herd red button pop

OK even though there may be a lot of air coming out I believe you have a felt seal or something out of place. If the blower duct is not sealing tight it will still blow a lot of air, but it is sucking air from around the cabinet not through the drum for proper airflow. Same goes for the drum seals. If they are gone or not in place air will be sucked from outside not through the unit drawing air across the heater. If you did not have this issue before you put the bearing and motor in you have something not in place or together correctly causing this ariflow issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you kit and motor installed by bosh dealer front tub seal ? tub has play.i will call them sat thank you. do you have bosh at home it is 12 yrs old would you buy one or another if you have one

They are not a bad unit, but a Whirlpool Duet Dryer is better.
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.