Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

ge profile artica pss25sgna temperture control set at 44f.

ge profile artica pss25sgna temperture control set at 44f. goes back to 31f.what could be to repair it.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.If you find my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and leave an ok or better rating.

I just wanted to mention that 44 is too warm, you always want your fresh food side set below 40 degees. The problem is the fresh food damper will be stuck or broken and that is why the temperature is out of control.

The red arrows in the diagram below indicate the parts that need to be removed and the blue arrow shows the foam housing the damper is in.

Your damper which I have arrowed in the diagram below is stuck in the open position or it is broken. All the air that gets cold in your unit starts in the freezer. The air is then circulated over to the fridge. Once the fridge gets cold enough the damper is supposed to shut. This does not mean the unit shuts off, it will continue to run until the freezer gets to the temperature it is supposed to be. If the damper stays open then that air continues to circulate over to the fridge.

You will need to remove everything from the fridge including the shelves and drawers. Remove the light cover and fixture. Go to the rear wall and remove the cooling tower on the rear wall. Then you can access the damper. Once get it off see that it opens and closes with your fingers. Or if it is broken.

The damper comes as an entire assembly and cannot be purchased any other way. The part number is XXXXX That is a factory part number you can shop anywhere with. I have linked one site below that has a year warranty that comes with the part.

That will take care of the problem if you have any questions please ask.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will check the damper, what else could be if damper is working ?.

That is the only thing that would cause that problem, that is an over cooling problem just to be sure I understood correctly in the fresh food section.

Be sure Marie to set your temperature near 37 degrees when you repair it. 44 is too high.

If you have problems or questions about the repair I will do my best to help. Let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the temperature in the refridge when is set to 37f or 38f it does not matter temperture goes down to 33f on the temperture indecator right after.

Yes its showing the actual temperature after you release the button. That is normal, the problem is the damper that closes to stop the cold air from coming over from the freezer is broken or stuck. That lowers the temperature much lower in the fresh food side and so the display is showing you the actual temperature. You could set it as high as it will go as long as that damper is not working the cold air will continue to flow in.

Please ask if you have questions,