Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher model 665 13923 and had it

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher model 665 13923 and had it set for the 4 hour delay a couple of days ago...woke up that night and saw it hadn't ran and the complete blue light flashes 4 times with a pause, 4 times with a pause, and so on...If I either open or close it, it will beep 15 times...I've tried to do the normal wash/heat dry back and forth with no luck. I did try and hold these two buttons down at the same time and a few of the lights suddenly come on and then shut off before I can hit cancel...any suggestions on what the issue is?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

Is this dishwasher less then 2 years old?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was purchased around January 2011, so I think it's right around 2 years old, however, it wasn't actually installed until August/September 2011 as we were remodeling our home...so we've only used it for around 1 1/2 years or so. This is the first time I've used this website, so I'm not sure where to rate you.

Ok this dishwasher goes into diagnostics different. Choose 3 option buttons and pres them 1 at a time like this. 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2 and then 3. The clean light should start to flash. Is it flashing 4 times then pausing and flashing once?
Experience: Appliance tech 4 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are correct, it is flashing 4 times, then a pause, and then flashing once more...also the 1 hour wash, high temp, and start are currently solid

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1 hour wash, high temp, and start are now solid and water is being sloshed around...I see now though that water is coming out from under the unit....could this be a reason that I was having the issue? Also, it is ok for me to hit cancel/drain at this time and pull the unit out to check and see where the water is leaking from?

Ok you have a bad circulation pump and will need to replace it. Kenmore might replace this under warranty if you call them. You can press cancel and check for the leak. This dishwasher is mad by whirlpool and whirlpool has a recall already on there dishwashers for the clamp leaking at the pump. I'm not sure if Kenmore has the recall.
I see this question is still open. Do you have anymore questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No more questions ... thank you for your help!!! Sorry, we are new to this website and rated you before we saw all the responses (just saw the first one for some reason). Anyway, we pulled out the dishwasher after all the lights went out and it was the clamp on the pump that came loose. We will add $11 to the bonus, so you should get $30. Is there anyway to change the rating to excellent after we already hit good?

I'm not sure if you can change your rating but that is ok. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about that ... we really appreciate all your help! Have a good night.

Your welcome. Take care.