gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs

I have a ge profile model # XXXXX SERIAL # XXXXX 418710.

I have a ge profile model # XXXXX SERIAL # XXXXX 418710. The ice maker will work for a very short time before the ice melts and drips in freezer and i have to dump out water and try to again to make ice what could be the problem

Hi there and thank you for choosing this service.

so it does make ice but the ice cubes start to become watered down because of a possible overflow issue , is that what is seems like?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What over flow

Is the freezer staying cold, are your items frozen?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, so based on your problem this tells me that you most likely have a bad solenoid on the water that seems to not be shutting off which is causing this issue. are you wanting to work on it yourself? if so, i will provide you with the part number.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i do not want to work on this myself i will just call for a ge repair man. will i still be charge 30.00 dollars?

I understand that this may not be something that you can do yourself. we work on a honor system i only receive a percentage if you leave a positive rating. you do not have to rate me at all so that i will not receive any credit for this session. thank you and have a great night.