Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

I have a Bosch diswasher that has not been used for 5 years.

I have a Bosch diswasher that has not been used for 5 years. Everything appears to work (wate solenoid, pump etc.) except it does not take in any water. I preume it has clogged up after the solenoid valve ... however I cannot work out how to get the base off to get at that. Will it come good if I just let it soak for long enough ?
It might start to work if you let it soak. If it doesn't the valve is easy to replace. You dont have to remove the base to remove the valve. Discoonnect the water supply linf. Then remove the 2 big torx on the each side. Now you can pull the valve forward and remove the hose connected to the back of it and the wires.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So do you mean the 2 torx screws inside the machine itself ? The ones not far from the bottom spray arm.

I forgot to mention I can see the hose jump when the solenoid operates, so it is sure trying to give me water.

No the water valve is located behind the lower front panel on the left side. The screws are right buy the hose that runs from your house to the dishwasher.