Ratchet, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Broad Knowledge of All Home Appliances

Customer Question

replaced the motor to a Maytag Neptune 5500 electric dryer...put it all back together including making sure all the wiring is correct. Plugged it in, it started to come on, stopped and now won't light up or do anything. Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Check the breaker to see if it is tripped, reset it is so. It will be one of the big breakers in the electrical house breaker box...Please let me know what you find....thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

already did, power is on.

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

Unplug the unit for 2 minutes, then plug back in, see if it will start back up again by this reset?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, done. I have unplugged and let stand for 2+ minutes. The display is still balck. I have taken the unit apart, kept all wires intact and taped the door "open" button in so i could attempt to run without the drum and belt...since the motor is new i wanted to attempt to run it just by itself without the risk it was bound up or too tight and triggering something to turn it off.

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
I'm not sure, another expert will pick up this question where we left off if he or she knows the answer...thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no one has picked up this tread. how do i get a credit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Helllooooo....JAAASSSSONNN...are you there??? Waiting for a reply on how to get a credit since my question could not be answered?

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
It is late for most experts, let it ride until the morning, there will be a load of experts on then who will see your question....thanks
Expert:  Ratchet replied 3 years ago.
Hello I'm Chris. If I were in your situation, I would check every connection in the unit. It is possible with all the jaring of the machine something came loose of unplugged. Go to the console, on the back there are three screws. Remove the screws and lift the console. Check all the wiring, be sure that everything is tight. Of course make sure the unit is unplugged. If you were as careful, and made sure the unit was reworked properly,it is likely it's something small, like A loose or unplugged connection.