applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

Code "nd" wont drain. I checked the drain hose no kinks repalced

Customer Question

Code "nd" won't drain. I checked the drain hose no kinks repalced the drain pump still code"nd". What would not allow the drain pump to turn on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 1 year ago.

applianceguy :

Hi, so you do not hear the pump trying to work?

Customer :

yes

applianceguy :

Unit tumbles?

Customer :

i got this code so i immediatly ordered a new pump thinking like 2x before that a coin was in the impeller housing and may have broke the inpeller. so when i removed the pump and found a penny but not a broken inpeller i put the old pump back in to service and it worked, for a day or two but now i installed the new pump and the same error occured. is there a water sensor that turns the pump on when it detects water?

Customer :

yes the unit will tumble

applianceguy :

Pressure switch tells unit the water is there.

applianceguy :

Pump shoul run though

applianceguy :

should

Customer :

bad pressure switch?

applianceguy :

If the pump is not working has to be something else.

Customer :

Shoulf i bench test the pump i think that 110 volts is correct

applianceguy :

Yes.

Customer :

yes to pressure switch or bench test pump?

applianceguy :

Test pump

applianceguy :

Pressure switch should not be the problem.

Customer :

old pump works

applianceguy :

Then it has to be a control problem. If no power going to the pump, that is all that is left.

Customer :

and its obvious when its on which explains the three rubber mounts for vibration absorbtion

applianceguy :

Yes

applianceguy :

Check connections.

Customer :

so you say i'm out of control hee hee

applianceguy :

lol yea

Customer :

I did check the connections

applianceguy :

do you have a volt meter

Customer :

yes

Customer :

i see wher you are going here but how do i activate the pump?

applianceguy :

Check the wires going from the board to the pump

applianceguy :

Continuity

Customer :

at the control panel?

Customer :

how do i remove the control panel

applianceguy :

Yes and pump. Unplug the wires at both ends, and check the wires for continuity. Just unplg wires from board and pump

applianceguy :

Just remove back panel behind the controls. Follow wires / color wires

Customer :

the control panel on the front is tricky to get off.

applianceguy :

Yea. Looked like top control model. Going to need to check the wires.

applianceguy :

that is the only way we will know if it is the control or wires

applianceguy :

If you remove the main top, the screws for the control should be on top.

applianceguy :

Plus screw on left side of dispenser.

Customer :

i got the lid off and it looks like it might take me a while to chase the wires down. I continutity is ok then is the control panel board and if so which one?

applianceguy :

The main control. you can trace the pump wires to the control that it plugs into

applianceguy :

Do it by color of wires

applianceguy :

They will be the same at the pump as they are at the control

Customer :

My problem was not solved I had to find the solution elsewhere. The solution was beyond the "Expert's" diagnostic knowledge of my Maytag Washer. He thought that the water level sensor should have no effect on the drainage pump being actuated. Well this sensor does enable the pump and another function.

applianceguy :

The pressure sensor should be fine because, it fills the washer to start wash and tells you the water has not drained out. The pressure sensor is telling you there is a drain problem. The control sends the power to the pujmp, not the sensor.