romr2009
romr2009, Repair Technician
Experience:  32 years practical systems experience: computer/phone, automotive, appliance, & electrical control
24179821

Our 12 year old Bosch problem is the cycle seems to go and

Our 12 year old Bosch problem is the cycle seems to go and go and go; it will show 1 minute left but there is still water in it and it goes like that for an hour. Repair or replace?
Hello Sir or Madam and thanks for choosing the JustAnswer.com Appliance category.

Specific model number?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not at home so do not know the model #.

But to add more; sometimes it works fine. Other times it runs for hours and shows 1 minute left and still has water in it and still runs....I left the house the other day and found it that way 4 hours later; normal cycle is 2 hours. I am not pleased with Bosch dry cycle......never have been for 12 years. Fixable or replace?

• In that case, replace and go with Whirlpool and make sure they install an air gap (and a new hose) above the sink prior to draining into the garbage disposal.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you saying it sounds like it's not worth having a repairman out to look at it and "fix" whatever is wrong? We have an air gap valve already plus a plumber put a new hose in last month.......but just want to be sure I understand. Don't bother to fix it? I can live with it not drying to my desire if it is fixable for a "smallish $ amount".....

Any guess what is wrong and cost to fix?

• If it is intermittent, the controller may be bad.
  • Due to the age of the unit the pump/motor assembly will not last much longer.
  • The repairman needs at least $100 profit to make it worthwhile.
  • With parts, tax and labor, you are looking at the $200 range for this repair.
  • The pump/motor replacement is another $250.

-----

Time for a new one.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now I am happy with your response and answer; the more info the better for my analytical brain!

Thank you.

You are welcome!