gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

my washer and dryer got flooded from the storm..my washer works

my washer and dryer got flooded from the storm..my washer works but the dryer had gotten water inside now the drum wont turn..the lights and the buttons work on the dryer but the drum doesnt seem to work..is the dryer garbage or is ther something i might wanna try first before i throw it away
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.

gst85 :

Hi there and thank you for choosing this service.

Customer:

hi

gst85 :

Rotate the drum by hand then try seclecting a cycle, tell me what it does?

gst85 :

just give the the drum one full turn please

Customer:

ok one min.

gst85 :

Sure, take your time.

Customer:

its kinda hard to turn the drum but it does rotate..i press the start button and ther is a humming sound coming from the back of the dryer..but the drum doesnt turn

gst85 :

Okay, so based on your problem it really sounds like your motor has shorted out. about how old is this model?

Customer:

1year old

gst85 :

Do you know if it's still under warranty?

Customer:

its not

gst85 :

Okay, this comes down to only two compoents either the control board or the motor has shorted out but of course that was due to the flood incident.

gst85 :

Could you post the model number to the dryer please?

Customer:

DLGX5102V

gst85 :

I would like to get you the price on both components so that you can decide on whether you would like to have it repaired.

Customer:

ok thank you

gst85 :

Sure, no problem. be right back.

Customer:

ok

gst85 :

Thank you for waiting.

Customer:

no problem

gst85 :

The motor will cost you $116.00 online plus labor which would be about another $150.00 moreless. i think it is worth the repair but then again that is up to you to decide on.

gst85 :

would you like the part number for that?

Customer:

ok its sounds like it is worth repairing..i would like to know the part number thanks

gst85 :

Sure, here you are. you can get it online at www.repairclinic.com

part. Number 4681EL1008A.

gst85 :

I hope that this has been helpful.

Customer:

yes its been very helpful thanks alot

gst85 :

You are welcome, please rate my answer before you go. have a great weekend.

Customer:

ok i will..you too

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs