The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

Bosch wall oven, dont see model number, but flashing error

Bosch wall oven, don't see model number, but flashing error code E 124
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
I will need the model number of your unit to look this up for you.
Please click here for help locating the model number.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX /01

You are welcome. Looking this up for you now.

Please understand that I am not the worlds fastest typer and it can take up to 15 minuets, or more, to gather the information you need and type it all up. I may also be working with multiple customers and that also can delay my reply to you.
Rest assured I will not leave you hanging. If you like reply to me and ask how much longer I will be. I'll be happy to let you know. Relisting your question will not get you a faster reply. Please bear with me and I promise to type as fast as my fingers can find the keys.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no hurry

The problem is that the door switches are not showing what they should. In other words one of them has failed and will need to be replaced.

Below is the page from the repair manual. You can test at the points indicated at the control board ot just test the switches themself.

From what I can see the switches are not available separately. Check with your local appliance parts retailers. They may be able to get them instead of buying the whole lock assembly.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and you may ask all the followup questions you like, after you rate me, at no additional charge.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your suggestions. We will take your advice and see what happens. How do we recontact you for further advice if needed?

The URL below will bring you right back here. Save it as a notepad file or as a favorite in your browser (alt + a).

Please be sure to rate my service before you log off today. It will not prevent you from asking followup questions.

Thank you.

Any luck with the repairs?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks--will need to find an appropriate repairman and day I can stay home and wait for him................................................

Please stop emailing me to answer again!

Ok. I will report your wishes to our customer service staff. Most are automatically generated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they messages seem like a trick becasue when i rated the service a second time as asked the response was that if i rated service again i would get charged again!

Please ignore any further emails prompting you to reply to me or accept. They are automatically generated every time I reply to you.

If you post anything and I do not reply to you I am locked out of future questions until I do.

Just ignore any future emails.

Thank you.