Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

Hi, I have a samsung RFG297HDPN/XAA and the refridgerator

I have a samsung RFG297HDPN/XAA and the refridgerator is at 50. took panel off in fridge and it was iced up took hair dryer to it and put back together and still don't work. Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Do you hear the fan running in the fridge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Stand by....checking diagrams of unit.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
The diagrams for this model are very bad. So I must ask you a question to make sure I am correct. The evaporator cover you took off has a fan in it correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you will need to replace that cover assembly and the main pbc control board. The control send voltage to fan, and the fan sends a voltage back to the board. It has been my experience to replace both to repair the problem. If this information has assisted you please give me a great rating.... If not, please respond back for more information....if needed.....thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to test the voltage to see if it is the board or fan? Unit has never been used before until now
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
As I stated earlier, it is bast to replace both. I have done test found for sure that one part was wrong, just to find out that the other had to be replaced as well, this is why I say replace both....thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok when you say both, which pcb on the back and when you say cover Assembly do you mean fan assembly or the whole back panel?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
The fridge evaporator cover comes with the fan, the PBC board with out the light is the one that needs to be replaced. Part# XXXXX board is DA92-00147B, part# XXXXX cover is DA97-11772A. Thanks again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok last reply since I know you will get it to work :P where is the cheapest place for parts you can reccomend?

hMM searspartsdirect.com shows same part number one says main pcb other says pcb main and one cost 830 and the other 132 but both have same part number

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Sears is a great site to order from, you may try samsungparts.com, they may be cheaper....thanks again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sears is showing two with same number can you see which is right please
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
DA92-00147B is the correct board# XXXXX order, the other is the inverter board for the compressor....Thank you
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
If I was able to assist you on your question, please give me a great rating for doing so....thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just got the parts in and the cover assembly is the wrong one but the part number is XXXXX same as you said. It is for a smaller fridge, screw holes are about 1 inch from where they should be. Can you check again if main board is for sure correct before I plug it in?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I used the searspartsdirect.com for a source. It agrees with the numbers that I gave you. Check on that site with the model# XXXXX posted. Look at the cabinet and refrigerator diagrams for the part#'s. I trust this site, because it has never failed me so far. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Their site is down ATM maybe they just put wrong one in box. I'll call them in the morning when site is back up. Thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I think the board itself will have the number stamped on it. If that # XXXXX then the site has the wrong number posted from what I can see. I hope this helps as well....thank again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tired of not having a fridge and new evap assem won't ship until 21st so I took the fan and temp sensor out of new one and put in old.
Question have you taken those fans apart ? A spring is holding it on with a type of glue . Would super glue hold good or would you recommend another type? So far everything is working but I do worry if the super glue will hold long term. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I actually have not done that procedure before. But it sounds good on what you did. If that would not hold, an epoxy might be better.
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: 15yrs experience