romr2009
romr2009, Repair Technician
Experience:  32 years practical systems experience: computer/phone, automotive, appliance, & electrical control
24179821

Hi there is no water going into my dishwasher I hav checked

Hi there is no water going into my dishwasher I hav checked the filters what should I do next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  romr2009 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Todd and thanks for choosing the JustAnswer.com Appliance category.

Specific model number?
Are any lights flashing or any motor noises?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there are lights flashing the one indicating the intake drain ... the model # XXXXX XXXXX 1262 SCVi

Expert:  romr2009 replied 1 year ago.
any motor noises?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes there are motor noises

Expert:  romr2009 replied 1 year ago.
  • If the pump runs continuously without water in the tub and the intake /drain lite is flashing, that means it thinks the drip pan underneath the motor (near the floor) is flooded with water.
  • Remove the 2-4 screws holding the kick plate (bottom front panel) to check for water in the drip pan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the drip pan is dry ...the motor does stop running when the lights start flashing and the alarm starts to beep

Expert:  romr2009 replied 1 year ago.
Did you already remove, clean and re-install the non-return valve under the filters?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  romr2009 replied 1 year ago.
Turn off the faucet and remove the hose to check the screen and water from the faucet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that has ben done as well

Expert:  romr2009 replied 1 year ago.
  • Cut power using the power cord or circuit breaker for the dishwasher.
  • After 20 minutes, re-apply power.

-----

How much time elapses between start and beeping?

Expert:  romr2009 replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi again I finally took a moment and turned of the power and waited 20 mins the dishwasher still is not working ...it takes about 40 secs bfrom the moment I turn on the diswasher and when the beeing starts...is their anything else I should try before I call a tech

Expert:  romr2009 replied 1 year ago.
  • If you checked the screen on the hose connected to the faucet then the waterproof system needs to be replaced.
  • Replacement parts can only be ordered from Miele. 1-800-843-7231. Waterproof Hose Assembly $200.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Expert:  romr2009 replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome!
-----

Check Water inlet valve for proper operation by performing the following steps:
a. Insure water supply is open and there is access to the valve housing.
b. Select a wash program and start.
c. After the drain step (30 sec.) the water inlet step will begin. Hold your hand around the valve housing. If you feel a mild vibration, then the valve is receiving power. Replace the WPS (Water Proof System) valve.

(This is part of the Waterproof Hose Assembly and is replaced as a unit)
romr2009, Repair Technician
Experience: 32 years practical systems experience: computer/phone, automotive, appliance, & electrical control