applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

Monogram ZIR36NMHRH, water pooling on inside of refrigerator.

Monogram ZIR36NMHRH, water pooling on inside of refrigerator. Mold and rust have been an ongoing problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 1 year ago.

applianceguy :

Hi, where does the water pool ?

applianceguy :

in the bottom, inside the unit?

Customer:

Yes

applianceguy :

There is a cover on the back bottom wall inside. That is the evaporator cover. There is a drain hole behind the cover, under the evaporator.

applianceguy :

The drain is pluged.

applianceguy :

You will need to thaw out the unit and check the rain hole for blockage.

Customer:

It is a refrigerator only

applianceguy :

I know.

Customer:

Thaw out?

applianceguy :

Unplug.

applianceguy :

The drain hole can freeze, it is right under evap.

applianceguy :

after you check for blockage, pour water through hole.

applianceguy :

Also check track to drain.

Customer:

Ok. I noticed on the net that many people are experiencing, excessive mold with these refrigerators, is there a fix for this? This has been a problem for awhile

applianceguy :

make sure track not pulling from back wall.

Customer:

track?

applianceguy :

If water keeps getting down there, it will mold.

applianceguy :

Track is where the water flows into the drain hole.

Customer:

Is there a track the drain line is attached to?

applianceguy :

No, you will see it when you remove cover.

Customer:

Ok, thanks

applianceguy :

No problem.

applianceguy :

Are you getting mold in other places?

Customer:

Yes. The frig is generally so moist labels on jars will begin to mold and fall off

applianceguy :

How does the door seal look?

Customer:

It appears to be very tight and certainly feels tight when you open and close the door to close together

applianceguy :

Then i would clear the drain, dry out the unit and see how it works. The moisture from the drain can be moving threw the unit from the fan.

applianceguy :

I have not had an issue with this model in my area.

applianceguy :

Are you cold or warm climate?

Customer:

California, SF Bay area so moderate climate

applianceguy :

I will look into service pointers for any problems. Let you know what i find. Lets start with the drain.

Customer:

Ok, that works for me

applianceguy :

Ok. let me know how you make out.

Customer:

Thanks

applianceguy :

With drain.

applianceguy :

Welcome.

applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience: Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.