Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Now that you mentioned the control board, I remember also having

Now that you mentioned the control board, I remember also having to have that replaced a year or so ago. The machine is inside the house, so it should not get wet. However, the way the machine shakes when it goes into the spin cycle has probably shaken more than 1 thing loose. as I said, the bottom of the machine (all sides)is so rusted that 2 of the feet fell off and we are stabilizing as best we can with cardboard
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I understand that, however these boards even if they do not get wet go bad, I have had them where I replaced the same boards 3 times in one year, this machine is possibly one of the worse machines that WHirlpool who mad this for Kenmore ever made... As for the shaking there is a suspension kit that came out for it, click on the link below to order it..

Click_here for suspension kit.

Here is the video on installing it..

Click_here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will a suspension kit possibly improve the chances of the spin cycle working better?

If this is a bad model, why did it cost so darn much?

I had a Maytag for 20 years and never had one problem with it, until I messed up and put salt the water to set the dye on the clothes I was coloring. I did this pretty frequently for 5 yrs....The old gal just finally told me to go to "heck".

Can I complain to Sears and perhaps get a new control board at new charge?

What is causing all the rusting? How can I check drain?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It usually inproves it by 100%, I have had great success with the updated suspension kit. easy to install.

Blame the government and tree huggers for your problem, they have to meet certain specs now that suck for the consumer..
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The EPA gets involved in washers? Geez....can't they find something to do that will actually benefit people once in a while?Yell

Do you have any idea how much the suspension kit costsFrown? Will I be able to connect it to the machine if the whole bottom-side is corroded?Undecided (I am not sure if it is- but the edges are bad; rust falls off in big chunks if you tap around the rusted area, even with just your hand)

Also, is the fee I give you going to be $23.00 PLUS anything added for this next set of questions or are we combining them all into 1 transaction?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

The EPA gets into everything, now you cannot buy detergent for your dishwasher that works because of PHOSPHATEs, so they have cloudy films on the dishes and not cleaning properly, the suspenion kit costs about $55 for your unit..

You opened a new question so you should rate me on this one also, but it is not mandatory.