Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Hi! I have a fairly new (approx 3 yrs) Kenmore Elite Oasis

Hi! I have a fairly new (approx 3 yrs) Kenmore Elite Oasis HE top loading washer. I hate it! First, after only having it for about 3 months, I had to have the lid latch replaced. Now it looks horrible because it is rusting so bad that there are holes in the side of the machine and 2 of the "feet" fell off due to rust. The machine will only go to 7 minutes while spinning and the it stops and beeps every minute or so. There is a lot of water left in the fabric when I am done, even if I run the spin cycle always starts at 9min and stops at 7 min. Now we have another problem . When I add a load of laundry, not too big and equally matched items, per the last repairman, it will turn on, lock, and then flash F1. I have not figured out what to do to get it to work. I spin the inner tub around, I make sure the machine is level, I "hug" the machine while it is starting to work, so it doesn't bulge out....sometimes one of these things works, and other times it takes me 10 minutes and 5-10 attempts before she finally decides to cooperate, until the spin cycle. That happens on every single load, making for a much longer drying time and consequently a much higher electric bill. [ Can i just trade this in for a new machine?- I think I got a lemon from the start]. Actually today all I want to know is what I need to do when the F1 code appears. Thanks, patty
Hello my name is Chas. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Please also note, some issues require parts to be replaced which is out of my control (though I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was).

I feel for you at this time, these machines have been problems for a while now..

Can I get the complete model number of the unit please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where on the machine would that be?

The complete model number can be found inside the door opening area of the machine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model # XXXXX /p>

Type 580

number did not come through, please put a period after the first 3 digits, thank you...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

Type 580

THank you,
The F1 error code is not a good one, this is the failure of the main control board, you will need to replace it to make this machine work again, you can click on the link below to order a new one for your machine... Click on the blue link below to order it.

Click here for control board.

Here is also a video on how to replace it.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory