The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I can not unlook my oven door on the new kenmore stove I purchased

I can not unlook my oven door on the new kenmore stove I purchased last summer. Instuction manuel disapeared not to be found as of yet. Please do not say just hit clean button again, as that just does not work.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

I will need the units model number. Unfortunately it is behind the door. You might try calling the store you purchased it from and see if they have a record of the model number.

Other than that you will have to use a bent coat hanger to snag the lock arm to pull it free of the door lock.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm in a wheelchair and need to know where to insert the clothes hanger to snag the lock arm to pull it free of the door lock?

Ralph

Insert it bewtween the top of the oven door and the top of the unit. Pull from left to right to snag the latch. If a good tug in that direction does not work then go right to left. It will take a good pull to get it open.
Experience: 30 years repairing appliances
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I order a front control stove top model, and I'm not sure I can insert the clothes hanger. There is a space where the fan pushes out hot air is that the space for inserting hanger?

NO!

That will not work. You have to get the coat hanger onto the latch. As I cant see what you have I am sorry but I cant be of much help.

I will opt out and maybe another expert can help you.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

What do you see on the display?