The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a whirlpool w8rxegmw fridge the compressor is not running

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool w8rxegmw fridge the compressor is not running both fans do run, compressor windings all measure about 6 ohms and open to ground what else should i rule out before replacing inverter box
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

The hard start capacitor, and start relays are the usual suspects for a no start issue. If they are good then the board is next.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. If not please sel;ect a positive rating.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this has an Embraco VEGY 8H compressor I dont believe it uses standard relays and caps just a 220 dollar control board its variable speed what should the trigger voltage be, if it does have a stsrter and cap where would they be

You are missing three digits at the end of the model number. I need to know what they are, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the full number is XXXXX

Thank you. FYI: the site is getting glitchy for some reason. Our engineers have been informed and are working on the problem. If I do not reply to you it is because of that, and not because I have abandoned you.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Well smoke my resistors and check my high pressure! New stuff coming out again. (groan!) Time for an update class (800 bucks +/- 200)!

If the compressor ohms out ok, and there is power going into the inverter it must be the problem.

Unfortunately I dont have any know how about the inner workings of the part so I really can not guarantee that replaceing it will solve the problem.

There is a web site that allows returns of installed electronic parts. http://appliaqncepartspros.com is the only one that will let you. At least this way you wont lose any money (other than S&H) on the part.

Please let me know if you have any other qestions. I will be happy to answer them for you.

If not please select a positive rating of my service.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do you have a wiring diagram for this model or know where i could find it nothin inside any of the panels ive opened

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
not familiar with variable speed compressor controls
Expert:  applianceguy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, check on back of toe panel for wiring diagram
If you have power to the inverter and the compressor checks out ok, you have nothing left but the inverter.

Okay. I found the tech sheet for this unit. It has the diagnostics tests for the control board. This will prove out whether it is the board or inverter.

Please click here to download a copy.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and you may ask all the followup questions you like, after you rate me, at no additional charge.

Thank you.

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for digging up the tech sheet but it came thru password protected can you send me an unlocked copy