Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Maytag Bravo Mode#MTW6700TQ1- Ser# XXXXX and whenever

I have a Maytag Bravo Mode#MTW6700TQ1- Ser# XXXXX and whenever i run in wash cycle it fills drains and comes up with "oL" on the screen. I have redistributed the load, taken clothes out and only have 2 pairs of jeans in it and it still happens. Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Chas. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Please also note, some issues require parts to be replaced which is out of my control (though I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was).

Does it do it if there is nothing in the washer also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it does

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Can you spin the inner tub very easily?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Chris.

Does the tub spin while it is filling with water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, i can run it in the "Spin Only" mode and it will run

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Chris then does it agitate once it fills with water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, it stops and drains

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
This is the unit not sensing water coming into it, either the unit has a clog in the tube going to the tub from the microcomputer or the micro computer itself is bad, you will need to open the console and remove teh hose from the computer and blow to see if the air is going all the into the tub itself with out restriction. If there are no restrictions then replace the microcomputer, you can click on the link below to order a new computer if necessary.

Click_here to order computer

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Main Control Board W10189966 Main Product View

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I installed the new $270.00 part and it still did NOT fix the problem. I blew in the little tube that come up from the drum and it was clear. What NOw

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I replaced the part that he indicated to replace and i have the exact same problem.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
You still get water to come in, and then it just drains back out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It runs what i call the Weighing cycle, a little water and tub spinning.

Then it stops, starts filling with water and about 4 minutes in the Wash cycle pops up oL and drains.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
How high is the drain on the back of the machine, you don't have the hose stuffed all the way down it do you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it hadn't changed from the original installation. ( All the way you mean kinked or stuffed under the machine?) No not that i think, like i say, it hadn't changed from installation. It does drain correctly when asked to.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
The control module measure to see if the water level is correct, if you take the hose off the module and blow through it to the tub, do you feel any resitance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no resistance at all

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Lets put it in diagnostic mode

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in
with all indicators off; or with only the Clean
indicator on).
2. Select any one button (except POWER, START and
PAUSE/CANCEL) and follow the steps below, using
the same button:
a. Press/hold 3 seconds.
b. Release for 3 seconds.
c. Press/hold 3 seconds.
d. Release for 3 seconds.
e. Press/hold 3 seconds.
➔ If this test mode has been entered successfully,
all indicators on the console are illuminated for
5 seconds with 88 showing in the Estimated
Time Remaining two-digit display.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Excellent...good reset.

What shoudl then happen?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It should have gone through all the steps, and then beeped at the end of it, did it do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not at home to try it, sorry. I will check it tonight when i get there.

After resetting i should try to run?

Hopefully i won't bother you any more. Thank you. I will try it

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Try running it when you get home
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After it comes up 88 on the console what should i do?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
it should start running the test cycle after a few minutes if there are no error codes logged..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After the test cycle completes? Should it be able to go to back to a normal run?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
If it runs through the complete test and beeped at the end, then yes try the machine..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sweet, thank you

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Great!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok...didn't work out as planned

I did get it to reset and it started the diagnostics.

C0 no problems

C1- Filled the drum almost full of water and stopped. oL came up on the screen

Tried it twice.

Any clue?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Let me pull o fthe diagnostic sheet again, give me a minute
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Chris, on the inner tub, can you lift it up and down a couple of inches? It appears to be stuck in the down position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't check it like that but have bounced it previousely, before i replaced the module.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Yes but i am talking only about the inner tub not the whole thing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will check it when i get home, what do i do if it is? or is not down?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
What happens when the water goes in the inner tub is suppose to start floating up and disengage so it can agitate. you may have to remove the inner tub and see what is hanging up on down there..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks...do you work on Saturday? it might be tomorrow before i get to it.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am here every Saturday in the morning..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chas,

here is what i did Sunday, Parts lIst # in Parathesis from page 5.

I took the top off the washer off, removed (4), (1), (2), (6), (8), (7) and (9).

Looking at the bottom of the basket, i believe this is where it should be moving, that (9) shoudl be sliding up and down on (22)? it was stuck and after much effort i was able to get it to move a little, but decided that since i was this far into it i might as well remove the Basket completely. I could not get it to raise more than an 1-1/2"...so i put it back together. Have run a couple of loads, and seems to be running ok, but i don't believe i found the problem. Any thoughts?

Attachment: 2013-02-11_214844_20130211154146778.pdf

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Most likely it is sticking on the shaft, common problem, however a bear to get off, the tub is suppose to rise about 1 1/2" when it fills with water to disengage the tub so it can agitate, you may have broken it free enough at the present time to work but is is most likely going to start doing it again, you can pray liquid wrench on th espline and let it set overnight and see if it breaks free for you...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you think i shoudl replace it?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
If the problem comes back I would replace the center hub.