Ratchet, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Broad Knowledge of All Home Appliances

Why new Samsung fridge is losing cooling capability every so

Customer Question

Why new Samsung fridge is losing cooling capability every so often for past couple of days?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ratchet replied 3 years ago.

Ratchet : Hi I'm ratchet, will help you with your issue. It is possible that you are noticing this during defrost. Defrost happens every 8 hours. During defrost a heater turns on and the fridge is shit down for 20 to 30 minutes. It can take the fridge a little time to get back to temp
JACUSTOMER-t40xf6ok- :

This just started yesterday morning, then cooling came back in the afternoon, then out over night and morning, now back this afternoon.

JACUSTOMER-t40xf6ok- :

We have never experienced this before - even if it is Defrost.

JACUSTOMER-t40xf6ok- :

Ratchet : I did not say that it It was the only potential problem. I always try to start with a simple explanation . After that we move on to other potential problems. How old is this unit? Do you have the model number? There can be a lot of potential issues, without proper information, problems are difficult to pinpoint. You have to remember that I am not there to diagnose your machine. The description was so vague. And you expect miracles. There are checks and tests that need to be done, and all I get is why is this happening?