The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a two drawer fisher paykel dishwasher. Model number

Customer Question

I have a two drawer fisher paykel dishwasher. Model number is XXXXX The top drawer will not turn on. It has power on the inside so I can choose my type of cycle however when it is the blue light will not go on, no beeping and I cannot start it. I have tried to hold two buttons down at one time and nothing is working. The bottom is just fine. What else can I do??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

Ok lets see if there are any error codes stored in the units memory.

Please do the folowing and let me know what you come up with.

Thank you.

:

Press and hold Keylock, then Start/Pause for 5 seconds

All LEDs & LCD segments except Keylock are illuminated

Press Start / Pause

This initiates Pen upload via lower tub-home light pipe. At the same time the current and then the previous fault code will be displayed in the LCD screen & on the secondary control panel LEDs. To read the fault code on the secondary display refer to Section 7.1 on Fault Codes.

Press Keylock

This will clear current fault code. Note if you press Keylock again you will remove the previous fault

Press Power

To exit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I do not have lcd screen on my dishwasher

The indicator lights will display any error codes. Just tell me which ones are lit up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I did it and the lights don't come on at all. No blinking or beeping. I did it to the bottom drawer and the start button turned red but that drawer if fine. I don't mean to sound like a moron it just will not turn on! lol

You are not a moron! You just dont know that much about dishwashers. That is what Im here for. To help you through ther process of fixing your unit. However long it takes Im here till it is fixed or we get to a point where you do not feel comfortable doing the work.

Give me a couple minuets to look through the service manual.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok great!

What you will have to do is replace the main control board for that tub. Please see the screen shots below for the procedure. The control boatd is available from your local appliance parts retailers. F&P do not sell parts on line.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Please let me know if you need anything else. I will be happy to aassist you further if neded.

Please be sure to select a positive rating before you log off the site. That is how I receive credit for helping you with your problem.

Thank you.

How goes the repair?