Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Dometic (Model RM2510) electric/propane refrigerator,

I have a Dometic (Model RM2510) electric/propane refrigerator, and it keeps freezing the contents of the refrigerator compartment. It is running on electricity, and it is on the least cold setting. I tried moving the flexible sensor to a lower position, and then someone told me that before 2005, the sensor needs to be moved higher for warmer. It freezes up no matter where it's located. Should I just replace the sensor that runs from inside and connects at the back of the refrigerator? Or do I need to replace more parts?
Thanks, John
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Moving the sensor closer to the cooling unit at the top of the cabinet will help to satisfy it sooner. See if that does indeed help, you may need a new thermostat.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I mentioned in my original question that I had already moved the sensor down and up, but it did not help. Are you saying my only option after that is to replace the thermostat?

If the thermostat is not shutting off, yes, it will need to be replaced. That is what controls the run time and ultimately the temperature. Does it run all the time or will it eventually cycle off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, Kelly. I don't know the answer to that. I'll have to wait until my daughter returns later today to find out.

Sounds good, keep me posted.