The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

How to drain Dishwasher type 577-0 ?

Customer Question

How to drain Dishwasher type 577-0 ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

What is the model number of your unit please?

Please click here for help locating the model number.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MOD
Kudso2frsso

Ser:fs3602704

Thank you. I need to know a few things, please.

Does the unit appear completely dead or is it just not pumping the water out?

Have you recently installed any new plumbing or a garbage disposal?

Do you have a multimeter and know how to do basic electrical tests (continuity, ohms, voltage)?

What is your mechanical apptitude level?

A) I can fix anything with a pair of pliers and some bailing wire.

B) Tell me how to get to it and I can do the rest.

C) Need full instructions, drawings, and plenty of your patience.

D) Im gonna need a screwdriver??? But I'm out of vodka.

Or anywhere in between is fine too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just not pumping out the water. I drained the standing water by hand and looked for filters for clogging,without success.
Nothing new.
No to multimeter and know how.
Okay, one moment please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

C...with vodka please!

LOL!! You would be suprised at how many people dont get that last option.

You will need a multimeter to test the system with. They are not expensive and are available at any hardware store, or you could order one from Harbor Freight Tools for less than 10 bucks.

Once you have a meter remove the kick panel and discoinnect the power leads to the motor. Test between the grey, and blue/black stripped wires. You should have continuity. Then remove the screws from the inside edge of the door. This will allow access to the control board. At connection points P8 and P3 test for 120vac between them.

If the first test fails replace the pump motor. If the second test fails replace the main control board.

Please stand by and I will upload a copy of the service manual to help you do the repairs.

This is a common unit and parts are available locally from your nearest appliance parts retailers or from http://appliancepartspros.com/

Thank you for allowing me to help you today.
Selecting a positive rating completes your obligation in this transaction. You may however continue asking questions at no additional charge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's beyond my capability and I will call a plumber.

You will need an appliance repairman, not a plumber.
Please click here to download the manual.
As I did answer your question please select a positive rating so I receive credit for helping you today. This will not close your question and you may ask all the follow up questions you like at no additional charge.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You were OK but,
While the service was informative ,it wasi not helpful to me in that an appliance repair service still needed to be called in and I did not get value for $65...
I understand.