Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

all the lights are flashing on the door of my Maytag refri

all the lights are flashing on the door of my Maytag refrig.????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Is the ice door also opening and closing?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

model MFI2568AEG. Yes, ice door opening and closing.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, If you find my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and leave an ok or better rating.

You need to replace the high voltage board arrowed in the diagram below that is under the cover on the back of the refrigerator. I recommend you leave the ice maker off, empty the ice bin and turn the water supply off to the unit just in case it decides to do something unexpected and of at all possible disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet to keep from damaging other parts.

I have not included a part number for this model on purpose. Do not order this part online. Only order this part in person and take your model number along with the serial number to get the main control board. Make the clerk aware that this is a model in a series that was made in which the model number will be 2 different boards and to use the serial number to double check you are getting the correct part.This is very important, even in person its not easy to get the correct board if the clerk is not aware of or run into it before, and ordering this part online can be a nightmare.

Follow the instruction sheet that comes with the board to program the board with the code on your model and serial sticker inside the refrigerator. The numbers of the code will be right after the word code.

UNPLUG THE UNIT.
To change the board remove the 4 hex screws holding the high voltage cover on or the snap on cover whichever yours has.

Remove the plastic lid by prying it out from the right side of the box.

Disconnect the harness connections from the board.

Unclip the board from the retainers.

Be sure to return wires to the wire slots on the panel bottom of the control box.

Reverse to reassemble.
That should take care of it, if you have questions please ask.

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.