Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

No heat

No heat
Hello my name is Chas. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Please also note, some issues require parts to be replaced which is out of my control (though I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was).

Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

leq9508pw1 serial mt0201512

Have you checked the voltages going into the dryer to see if you have between 220 and 240 volts?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not yet but I suspected that...so it would still run but simply not heat? The other suspect was the dryer centrifugal switch thoughts?

Pierre,
If you only have one leg of 120 volts coming into the dryer, it will run but no heat. I fyou have 240 volts then you are correct on the switch in motor being the problem, if that is true you can click on the following link to order the correct part for your dryer

Click_here for part

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Drive Motor 279827 Main Product View

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so there is no way to simply replace the switch?

They use to make a repair kit for them, however I have not seen one in over 5 years now, they make more money on the motors...