Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Maytag Duet HT, model #GHW9400PW1 and Im getting

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Duet HT, model #GHW9400PW1 and I'm getting the F06 code. This started a while back and I used to be able to pause it using the cancel button and then restart it and it would finish the cycle. It started happening more and more often and now, I can't even get past the first few minutes of a cycle....any cycle. After doing some research, I replaced the MCU as it seemed to be the most common problem. I ordered it from a place online that rebuilds them, but I got the same code after installing it. I then ordered a replacement motor. After installing it, I'm still getting the F06 error code. Is there anything else that could cause the F06 code? I thought I had read somewhere that the pressure switch could cause it, but I'm not sure if I'm testing it correctly. The tests that I've seen show checking ohms between various contacts for empty, suds, overflow and rinse and says that there results should be zero ohms. I took the pressure switch completely off to test it and only got zero ohms on the empty contacts. The other contacts didn't read anything unless I blew into the tube at the bottom and then I would get zero ohms. I've also tried running the diagnostic test on it. Sometimes it will go all the way through the test, but other times it will stop at any part of the test the requires the drum turning. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXX I look forward to helping you! The error code F06 does indeed indicate an issue with the motor drive circuit. Most often times this code is caused by a connection issue or a faulty MCU. There have been numerous issues with the "remanufactured" parts and I never recommend them for this reason. Since the motor has been replaced, I would recommend accessing the CCU and removing the connector labeled MI3 and resetting it into the control. If the F06 returns, I would replace the MCU with a new one. The link below will lead you to a company that allows returns, even on installed parts, so there is no risk and it will prove the "reman" bad if it works. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Motor Control Unit <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.