Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

no heat tried jumper still no heat

no heat tried jumper still no heat

R G : Hi, I am R. G., sorry you're having trouble today, I will do my best to assist you in resolving you're issue.
R G : What did you jump?
R G : Is this a gas furnace, heat pump, or electric heat?
It seems chat is not responding or your unavailable. Just respond here when your ready
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

working on maytag performa electric dryer

Hello my name is Chas. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Please also note, some issues require parts to be replaced which is out of my control (though I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was).

Thank you for using for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no response to repair

I can help you, tell me exactly what is going on and what the model number of the unit is...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Matag Performa pyet244ayw

What did you jumper on the unit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

white wire to fuse

The fuse if it was bad, would not even let it run, did it run before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes with no heat

Do you have an ohm meter to check the element and hi limit fuse?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you remove the wires from 1 and 3 on the diagram and check them with an ohm meter they both should give you a reading, please check these 2 items. I believe you are going to find your element to be bad, and the new element will even come with a new hi limit also. so please let me know what you find..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech