Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Is it possible to change the bearing in a Neptune washer model

Is it possible to change the bearing in a Neptune washer model #MAH5500B purchased in 2002. also, are the bearings available for purchase?
Hello my name is Chas. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Please also note, some issues require parts to be replaced which is out of my control (though I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was).

There are some repairs for this, most are short term. the recommended repair is replacing the entire rear tub assembly, here are a couple of video on the replacing it with just bearings..

Part 1.

part 2

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help, it was greatly appreciated

No problem, for informational purposes, what route are you going to take on this problem...?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure what my husband plans to do at this point. If he decides to try and fix the bearing I will let you know. It may be awhile before he decides. Thank you for your follow-up.

Thank you, I always want to know what is happening, that makes me a better tech when I learn what my advice does for my customers... I wish I could be of more help

Enjoy your weekend...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Right now my husband is working on a tractor engine so my washer will have to wait. Being a man I'm sure you understand priorities.

Thanks again.

I know exactly what you mean//...

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I go about ordering the bearings? Do you have a part # so I could order through our local maytag dealer or do I order through you?

You can order it at the following link...

Click here for the part
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

your welcome