Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My ice maker stopped making ice. We replaced the filter and

My ice maker stopped making ice. We replaced the filter and now it makes just a little bit every so often. The light blinking red instead of a steady green.
Hello my name is Chas. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Please also note, some issues require parts to be replaced which is out of my control (though I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was).

Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have that info, but it is a side by side with water and ice dispencer in the freezer door.

Are you at the unit right now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i'm at work but my wife is home

Is the light in the fridge section that is flashing in the top right hand corner?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the light in the freezer section is on the upper right hand side

Press the light switch 7 times quickly in the fridge section and see if it turns green again..

Let me know what happens
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it didn't. Are you talking about the light button in the refrigerator section or the ice maker on/off switch in the freezer section?

Is the filter light blinking red?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I just replaced the filter.

There is no green light in the freezer, it always blinks red, that is showing that the optics are working...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you have any suggestions to resolve my problem? If not, I'm outa here.

The ice maker, how far above the ice mold are the fingers that remove the ice to the storage bin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It does make a little ice every once in a while. Do I need to check the line in the back?

To answer your question, about an inch.

Great then the ice maker is working properly, check your water hook up, especially if you have one of those cheap self piercing valves they clog up often. I don't think you have a problem with the refrigerator itself at all..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, but you didn't help me. It's still not working and I will have to call a serviceman out today.