Ratchet
Ratchet, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Broad Knowledge of All Home Appliances
64484040

When we go to start dishwasher it starts but then we get ER

Customer Question

When we go to start dishwasher it starts but then we get ER UO message. We have had this for awhile and have always just opened and shut door and it starts. Now this is not working at all.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ratchet replied 3 years ago.

Ratchet : Hi I'm ratchet I will be helping you today, the er/up message that there is a problem with the vent in the door. The vent serves two purposes the first is to keep noise down the second is to help the machine regulate the temperature.
JACUSTOMER-wj9pmxaz- :

What can I do to get this fixed?

Ratchet : The vent is probably sticking, and working intermittently. To access the vent the door panel may have to come off. This should a relatively cheap fix.
JACUSTOMER-wj9pmxaz- :

By me or my husband or do I need a repairman?

Ratchet : If your handy, you can give it a shot. If you call a repair man it is probably around $200. The only thing is putting the panel back on can be a pain.
JACUSTOMER-wj9pmxaz- :

Any tips for that?

JACUSTOMER-wj9pmxaz- :

Once I get door panel off how do I fix vent?

Ratchet : If you folks are handy, you can do it. But things always turn out best in the hands of a professional. It's not the easiest thing to do. Have your husband size it up, and if he is comfortable with it, so be it.
Ratchet : Once the panel is off it should be easily accessable. It may snap in or there may be a couple of screws. You may want to have a tech look at in case there is an electrical issue.
Ratchet : When putting the panel back on it helps to have an extra set of hands. One to hold the door one to put the screws back
Ratchet : I don't understand why my service was bad. I gave you all the info you needed to get a handle on your situation.
Ratchet : I could maybe hop on a plane and fix it for you for nothing. How does that sound? Because just asked me to work for nothing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Found my answers for FREE on another web site.

Expert:  Ratchet replied 3 years ago.
That's cool.