Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hi Kelly, Im having a problem with a Thermador ME302EP/02.

Customer Question

Hi Kelly, I'm having a problem with a Thermador ME302EP/02. It's giving an E118 error code which indicated a upper cooling fan issue. the problem is when I pull the unit out of the cabinet, it works perfectly fine. It seems like it only displays the code when the unit gets too hot and its random on both top and bottom oven. I'm thinking it may be the main control not changing the fan speed and I don't know at what temperature it should spin on high. thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! Number 0807 in the diagram below is an air channel. Is that piece free or lint & dust so to provide adequate air flow?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there is some dust but not enough to obstruct the air flow. it happens when using either top or bottom ovens. also the top fan seems to work fine but it does't blow the air out of the top vent. the bottom fan is much stronger and can be felt much stronger on the middle channel. not sure if the top fan should channel the air to the middle or bottom vent. thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The top blower should blow air out the top grill, number 0209, is it not blowing out there?

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its not flowing out of the top vent. Being that its a sensor fan, it should work at all times. Correct? I would imagine it supposed to cool the controls. If its not, then they will overheat and cause the error. Yes? I just want to be sure before I install the new fan. Thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it needs to be on to cool the electronics. If it is not, it will need to be replaced. The correct one for your model is available below. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Blower Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Kelly, I am familiar with Repair Clinic and I also have the fan. I just wanted to be sure before I installed it. Ill let you know what happens. Thanks again...

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, thank you! Please let me know if you have further troubles!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly,

I was wondering about the conabout how and when its supposed to change speeis obviously not working properly, however im still wondering how to test for proper voltage going to the fan sensor through the red, black and white wires. Please let me know otherwise Ill have to convince the customer to order both parts. Thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The fan does not change voltage or speeds. There are two terminals on it for the 120 VAC connection. The fan is either on or off.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for clarifying the fan speed. 1 terminal has 120 VAC and the other has approx 94 VAC thats why I wonder if its the control board. what are the black, red and white wires for? It seems luke they're tied into the temperature sensors. Please let me know. Thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I only show 2 wires going to the fan motor. Do you have more on yours?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, there 2 going to the fan and 3(possibly DC) wires going to the sensor thats attatched to the fan. I think it could be an rps sensor. I checked voltage at the 2 AC terminals seperately and got 120 VAC to chasis and approx 94 on the other while it was plugged in. Maybe I shouldve unplugged it but I didnt.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Those are likely thermal fuses. Can you post a picture of them, please?