Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Gas range burners not working right. Left rear simmer burner

Gas range burners not working right. Left rear simmer burner flame does not go all the way around the burner. Front left flame same thing and not big enough. Middle rear flame looks to be okay maybe a little big. Right rear simmer burner same as left. Right front wont light.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Chas. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Please also note, some issues require parts to be replaced which is out of my control (though I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was).

Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you helping me with the other one now
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Billy,
yes I am, on the burners that do not go all the way around, if you place a match to it will the entire burner light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Does the burners on the front right light okay by match?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. The electrode also sparks just fine
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
On the burners, they lift staright off or do you have to unscrew them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Straight off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I give you my number
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Did you clean out all the holes in the burner with a paper clip?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I think you may have a weak igniter module on the unit, causing this problem you are having..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would that just affect one ignitor
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It can be either the module itself or the igniter itself, I would replace the igniter first and see what happens...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I have more than one problem with the burners. Can you call me
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
we are not allowed to make phone calls, all correspondence must be done here...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can my problem be wrong orifices
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Is this a new installation..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was bought from someone , moved, damaged in move and claiming against insurance. Was hooked to LP Now hooked to NG I thought from the beginning the orifice bedded to go back to NG but no conversion back. So I believe you to be right on the weak igniter module but I believe my flame problem lies hear with the gas. Does this sound right to you
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
That would explain everything... the orficices for the LP are smaller than NG, What is the model number of this item again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plcf489ccc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I still have a problem because the flame doesn't go all the way around the burner
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
NO, because you would have greater gas flow like you should have with Natural gas,
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Do you kno wwhat the BTU of each burner is? You can then drill out the orfices to work if we know that, I can then give you the drill size needed..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LP orifices are 2 @ 5,000 2@ 9,100 and 1@13,000
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
for 5000 BTU it should be 3/64"
9,100 be a size 15
13,000 7/32"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know witch one God where
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Now you got me, the sizes if the burners should tell you how big they are.. the largest is 13000, the smallest 5000 and the other 9100...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LOL thank you
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
No problem, be sure to rate me on this question...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech