Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Electric built in cooktop top elements glow red when hot on

Electric built in cooktop top elements glow red when hot on outside coils but not inner coils
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plcf489ccc is mod
Nf42217027 is ser
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Have you ohmed out the inner coil?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
You say it is a GE, but the model number is XXXXX and it is a gas range by the model number you give?????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have two questions going on. The one you are trying to help me on is a GE cooktop. The controls for the electric burners are on the Hood vent. Customer complains about it taking too long to cook stuff
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Okay, but you gave me the model number for a Frigidaire not the Ge which I am working on..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was unable to read serial number or model number
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
If the coils are checking out, then you need to replace the infinite switch that controls it, however without the model number you are going to have a lot of problems with that... You may need to remove the switch and see if there is a part number stamped on it, to cross reference it..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pics of it
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Post it and I will see if I can find something...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the pics on my phone and am unable to upload from here on my phone
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Billy,
are you using your computer or your phone on the site right now, also we are having problems with the site going down for periods of time, if I lose you please do not worry?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone no computer yet
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Then it will have to wait, there is no other way that I know to post pictures here..