clayton5711
clayton5711, technician
Experience:  25 years in appliance repair factory trained on Speed Queen, Maytag and more
55402304

I have inherited a Bosch oven the model number is XXXXX 76 6Q,

I have inherited a Bosch oven the model number is XXXXX 76 6Q, I need a thermocouple for the oven, the rest of it works fine, but not the oven. It was bought in Chile and shipped to the Falkland Islands.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Michelle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm quite happy waiting over the weekend. Please let me know if you are unable to provide an answer by Tuesday.

Many thanks

Phil

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Is there another E Number on the oven?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly,

No that is the only E number: HSK 66181EQ/02. As I said to Cate, this machine was sourced in Chile and built in Brazil in 2003. It is a Bosch service number for sure.

Regards

Phil

Expert:  clayton5711 replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX to help you with this and please rate my answer when you are satisfied either 3,4 or 5 for me to get credit for
work i have tried to pull the model numbers up and cant seem to find anything , can you give me the length of the thermocouple, and also can you tell me if the oven has a standing pilot which stays on all the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Clayton,

No it doesn't have a standing pilot light, the thermocouple is about 2 inches long and sits in a frame next to the sparker, then two leads exit through the rear of the oven and then up into the electrical loom on the switch panel where they appear to be housed in a white coloured housing that attaches to the switching mechanism. Probably about four feet in length.

Hope this helps.

Phil

good morning to you sir i believe were probably going to call that a flame switch for my purposes if you would be patient i will see if i find some info on it http://www.appliancepartsblog.com/manufacturer/Repco_Replacement_Parts could you visit this site and let me know if this is what you are looking for please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Clayton,

The page you sent me to didn't help, I'm afraid, however, this is more or less what the thing looks like:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Oven-Thermocouple-416742/dp/B009P2QJUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359833941&sr=8-1

The difference is that the nut is missing from the actual couple on the one in my oven. What I don't know is whether this is the correct replacement part.

Hope this helps,

Phil

the part at the site you directed me to is a standard thermocouple i realize it says genuine Bosch part, it is used with a pilot application, one end will sit in a holder and be positioned to sit directly in a pilot flame and the other end will screw directly into the gas valve it also will enable the gas valve ,as far as the connections the thermocouple is available in a universal kit that will adapt to any type gas valve i am pretty sure of what you will need now i will get p/n and piks for you to be sure , and thank you for responding backProduct Details

ROBERTSHAW 1980-048 48" UNIVERSAL SNAP FIT THERMOCOUPLE

let me know if the Robert shaw universal thermocouple looks like it will fit it should adapt, its available at amazon.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that, I will check it in the morning, it's 2130 here in the Falkland Islands.

It looks as though I can adapt it, but I will check the whole thing tomorrow morning.

Many thanks,

Phil

Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
your welcome and please dont forget to rate my service please 3,4 or 5 for me to receive credit for my work
clayton5711, technician
Experience: 25 years in appliance repair factory trained on Speed Queen, Maytag and more