Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

Clothes sogging wet after spin cycle. Drain hose isnt overly kinked and I use warm

Clothes sogging wet after spin cycle. Drain hose isn't overly kinked and I use warm water. I've used the washer-dryer for many years without a problem.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

Do the clothes look like they have spun at all when the wash cycle is done? Will the washer spin out on smaller loads?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The washer will not spin out even if a single item is in the washer. I hear the spinning mechanism working but the clothes don't seem to have any water removed.

Does the washer agitate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, washer does agitate.

Remove the 2 screws on the bottom of the front panel. Then slide down the panel to remove it. Is the belt turning when you put the washer on spin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not able to untighten 2 of the 3 screws at the bottom of the front panel.

Do you have any one that might be able to loosen them for you. If we can remove the panel I can only guess at what is wrong. It sounds like you have a bad transmission. Replacing the transmission would require a tech to replace it.