Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a frigidaire front-loader which experienced mildew

We have a frigidaire front-loader which experienced mildew smell. Rubber seals were replaced. Vinegar has been run though the machine (1 bottle over multiple runes), and door left open between runs. Tenant still complains about smell. Can you help?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You can run a product called "Affresh" through the washer once a month in addition to leaving the doors open between runs as well instead of the home remedy "vinegar" which doesn't work well. Aside from that, there really isn't anything you can do and the mildew smell is realy the most common complaint with front load washers and can't ever really be completely corrected---it's just in inherent design flaw with front load washers since they store water between the inner and outer tub to stop the pumps and such from seizing up.

Affresh is a product sold at most Home Depot and Lowes stores made by Whirlpool to remove the mildew odor. It came out a few years ago just due to the mildew smell complaint being the number one complaint on all front load washers.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. We shall definitely pursue the Affresh option.

In the mean time, with regards XXXXX XXXXX vinegar approach, what is the best way to run vinegar in the washer? A full bottle, ie a quart? Hot temperature for the water wash?

Olivier