clayton5711
clayton5711, technician
Experience:  25 years in appliance repair factory trained on Speed Queen, Maytag and more

my Samsung dishwasher is showing a E2 error what does this

Customer Question

my Samsung dishwasher is showing a E2 error what does this mean, please. thanks kathy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

hello

Jon :

My name is XXX XXX I am an authorized samsung service tech and I can help you today

Jon :

I think you may be referring to the 5E error code. it is common to have it look like a 2E

Jon :

the 5E error is for a kinked or blocked drain hose or drain motor.

Jon :

is your machine not fully draining? and is there water left in the dishwasher as you get this error?

Jon :

please get back to me here and I will help you more.

Jon :

I will show you some diagnostic steps you can do to remedy this situation.

Jon :

Usually the easiest thing to do here to fix this error, if you are getting 5E error, is to take a look at the drain hose as it is installed under the sink. If the drain hose is either kinked or pinched please disconnect it and un kink the hose then install it again.

Jon :

If you cant see any blockages on the drain hose from under sink then you will need to un install the machine from under the cabinets and visually inspect the drain hose.

Jon :

if you see a kink or blockage in the hose fix it and put the machine back in and test it out.

Jon :

if you see no blockages or kinks in the drain hose at all then you will need to replace the drain motor

Jon :

please get back to me here if you have more questions or concerns and I will help you more.

Jon :

and if you feel that I have answered your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions even after positively rating me, please come back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

thanks and please get back to me here with what you find with the drain hose.

Customer :

It is definately an 2E error and I looked in the manual and it said it was a water input error, i have contacted the agent who has come out and said it was the water imput solinoid and he has ordered another part.

Expert:  clayton5711 replied 1 year ago.
The E2 error message indicates a possible water solenoid failure
i do not know why you rated me with bad service i was agreeing with you! i think in fairness you should remove the negative rating from me!