Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

Interior light burned out in microware oven, model JVM1850SM25S.

Interior light burned out in microware oven, model JVM1850SM25S. Replaced it but found that it does not turn off when the door is closed and the unit is off. When the door is closed the fan runs continuously. All controls function otherwise.
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
Often when the light blows and is replaced, (possibly with the power still on) it blows the circuit in the smart board. It could still blow it, in some cases at the time of the bulb going out. If you are having a fan come on when it it closed you have a bad smart board.
Part# XXXXX Here is a link for purchase:

If you can remove the top grill, then you will see on the top of the control panel a single screw. Remove the screw and your can push up on the keypad and gently pull out,sit down the keypad panel with wires still in place. Remove or mark one at a time to reinstall to new board.

I hope this helps you,
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! This confirms to my mind the next step I thought I'd need to take. I'm not an electronics expert but I am handy and can usually fix things better than any clergyman I ever met. You've given me the confidence to proceed. Thanks again.

Thank you

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just arrived home a couple days after the part, the main control board, arrived. The GE Catalogue part number on the outside of the box is correct but when I compared the old board with the new one I found several differences in the placement of the various electronics. All the wiring plug-ins appear to be the same and in about the same positions, the two boards are identical in size and the locations for fastening it to the inside of the control panel, and the display window appears to be the same, but the boards have different part numbers. The old board is RAS-OTR9GV and the new is RAS-SM9GV-11. The similarities leave me with the impression that this new board will work fine and is an improved version. Still, I'd rather be cautious and will await your advice.

Your correct it is just an improved version. The part numbers on board are normally not the same. If the box was correct and then connections are the same you should be good to go. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is just to thank you again. The board is in and the microwave is functioning like new. I do appreciate your help.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is working!
Please remember you must rate your experience with me for me to receive compensation for my time and expertise. I will work for your highest rating, please let me know how I may earn it!