Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

I installed a new heating element in my maytag dryer mdet446ayw

I installed a new heating element in my maytag dryer mdet446ayw and now it won't guit heating until I unplug it
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
Pull your element back out and make sure the heater is still intact and not came off its base. If it touches ground it will stay on. If the heater checks out, the only thing that it could be is the timer contact relay on the control are shorted. Part# XXXXX for the control board complete.Can be purchased here: http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/37001286/1185699

You can access the contrl board by removing the rear control access panel and then to gain access through there. Remember ALLways unplug your dryer before accessing the area. Hope this helps you!
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.