Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

My LG Refrigerator LFC22740ST gradually lost cooling. Evaporator

My LG Refrigerator LFC22740ST gradually lost cooling. Evaporator and condensing fans are running as is the compressor. The unit was purchased in March 2008. I suspect the charge is gone.
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
Let me pull the model up, and i will be right back to help you. Thank you
If you can gain access to the evaporator coil by removing the rear bottom panel where the evaporator fan is, and look at the coil with it running. Go to this link and if you evaporator looks like this :
Then more than likely it is a freon restriction or freon leak in the system that needs to be checked by a certified tech. If you can eliminate this, you can either call LG or a qualified tech.
LG can be reached at through here:

I hope this helps you!
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got your response, thank you. The coil was free and clean and the fan was running, so it looks like freon issue. Since the unit is sealed and I am still in warrantee for the compressor/condensor sealed system, would this be covered by that warrantee?

It has an extended : Parts Only 7 Year - Sealed System (Compressor, Condenser, and Evaporator) Still would be worth the repair in labor and trip charges. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the excellent service!

No problem, i hope it works out for you!