rob clement
rob clement, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experiance working on all major brands of appliances

I have a 30" Thermador Profesional electric oven manufactured

I have a 30" Thermador Profesional electric oven manufactured between 2003 & 2006 on which the door will not fully close (since new).
I suspect the hinge / spring is not strong enough. Additionally there is no model # XXXXX this oven. This seems to be a common problem.

rob clement :

Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.You are correct about the hinges,and there are kits with heavier springs.You will have to find that model number.If it is a large heavy stainless oven ,the model will be down under the door,you will probably need to remove the lower plate.If it is a non stainless model it will be most likely around the opening of the door,or under the burners.Can you check that out and post back to me?Please keep in mind,I am not there and need your input to correctly diagnose your problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no model # XXXXX this oven but by disassembling & measuring the part I am very sure that the hinge part # XXXXX XXXXX I have ordered 2 from a parts house that allows 90 day returns.