Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

frigidaire model FEFL68GMA element on light will not turn off

frigidaire model FEFL68GMA element on light will not turn off yet all switches are off and burner elements are cold. help.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today the reason the light is on without the burners on is because the infinite (burner switch is faulty)..It is a matter of simply replacing the switch..If you can provide a model number i can help you locate the part..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

frigidaire model

frigidaire model FEFL68 GMA

Ok Good model number Great job in Finding that on your part..!!!...Are both lights on at the same time..? If not Which side..Do the elements also work..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

only the element onlight is on and burners work

There are two indicator lights ..One on the left side..One on the right side..Which is on all the time..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

only the right side is on

Ok Great..On this unit each element has a sensor which sends power to the indicator light.The problem is finding out which one is causing the problem..You will need to access the element With power and test the circuit with a meter...Sometimes you can tell which one it is if you have noticed a problem previously with one element not working or heating as good as the other..If its the right side..It will be one of the two right side elements that is causing your problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will try to follow your answer. please excuse my delay with information you requested. i am not the most efficient computor operator. thanks

Not a problem...Basically your problem is going to be in one of the two elements on the right side of the oven as this is the side you stated the light is on..

Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK" or greater before leaving today..If you do have any further questions i will be standing by..Thank You Bob