Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Maytag washer Mod# XXXXX only runs on rinse and spin cycles.

Maytag washer Mod# XXXXX only runs on rinse and spin cycles. I just replaced the timer when this started happening. I reinstalled the old timer and the same thing happens. Water does fill when in rinse cycle and the washer finishes rinse and spin and then shuts off. Any ideas? PS the reason I replaced original timer was that the washer would not always start in a normal cycle until I manually moved timer position.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Sorry you are having this problem..From what you are explaining the washers inlet water valve is either clogged or faulty..remove the waterlines at the back of the washer..Check the screens for blockage..If ok ..Replace the water valve..The reason the washer is working in the rinse cycle is because the rinse is working in either hot or cold..The valve consists of both hot and cold..One of the two is either fault or blocked...You can check this with a meter..Set the timer to start at the beginning..Then check for 110 volts at each of the solenoids on the water valve..If you do have power..Replace the complete valve