Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

My 18 year old GE Profile dishwasher is not draining completely

My 18 year old GE Profile dishwasher is not draining completely after each use; plus it is not getting tea and coffee stains of mugs and cups and sometimes silverware does not get clean. I stack dishes, glasses, silverware according to owner's manual. This has just started happening. I have lived in this house with the GE dishwasher for 10 years.
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
Do you have the complete model number off the dishwasher itself? Should be located inside the door of the opening. This way i can make sure we are talking about the same model. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At the top of the door where there are labels regarding the dishwasher, you find "GE Profile" followed by three model numbers: GSD1930TWW, GSD1920TBB and GSD1910TAA. Those are the only numbers I found aside from the part number for the door itself.

If you can go to this link here:

And it will or should pull up a PDF image of your dishwasher. On number # XXXXX and # XXXXX
if you can remove those and make sure the screen before the motor impellor is not blocked or obstructed to cause poor drain, this might be the issue. If the screen is clear, you can also check the end of the drain hose connection of the dishwasher for blockage.
If all is clear you would have to replace the main pump assembly # XXXXX
Which should take care of your issue. It may be more economical though to replace your whole dishwasher and start off new. Please let me know on what you find. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I will try your suggestions. Hoping it is just a small fix so I don't have to get a whole new dishwasher. But at 18 years old, I am sure "old reliable" is very near the end of its life.