Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

Ive got a GE Profile range, Model No. JGS968S0H6SS and Serial

I've got a GE Profile range, Model No. JGS968S0H6SS and Serial No. RH2 47999 Q, and the oven burner has stopped working. The broiler burner works fine. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot it or should I just bite the bullet and call a repair technician?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Before you call a technician lets see if we can narrow down the problem to the control board or if it is the igniter. When you turn the oven to bake is there an orange glow coming from the bottom part of the oven? If you don't feel comfortable working on the range then I would go ahead and call for service if I were you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't see an orange glow. I suspect that it's the igniter. Is that something I can replace myself? I'm pretty handy.

Yes you can replace it yourself and also if you have a meter you can check it yourself to see if it is working. I suspect that is your problem since you don't see it glowing. The igniter just unplugs to replace. Here is a video that shows you how to replace the igniter. Just copy and paste the link in to your browser. Also the part number is WB13T10045. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So I finally got the part and the time to install the igniter, but when I went to remove the old one, the screws that hold the igniter to its bracket stripped. Any reason I can't just cut the heads off to remove them? I've tried everything else.

Yes you can cut the head off to remove the screws. Also, go to an home improvement store to get replacement screws. Just make sure you try and get a high tempered screw. They are designed for high heat. Great job on your part and thanks for your time and patience, Randy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. Once I got the old igniter out, the rest was easy.