Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Admiral electric Dryer i replaced thermal fuse.. Cant get

Admiral electric Dryer i replaced thermal fuse.. Can't get drum back on rollers. Too tight. Any tricks.

Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...The trick is to install the drum without the belt tensioner pulley installed..Get the rear set on the rollers then press the drum towards the rear at the same time reinstall the belt tensioner..CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO THAT MAY HELP
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am familiar with a whirlpool installation as the video shows. This unit is not a whirlpool The rollers are different and tighter.

Thats correct..Your admiral is a Whirlpool made dryer..Its the exact same dryer you have..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is not the dryer in the video that is the typical whirlpool dryer. This is a Maytag version. Look up the model number

Daryl..ive been repairing appliances for over 24 years..This is your dryer..CLICK HERE ...Look at the page for your model number in Bold to the left of page.....Correct...?...Scroll down on that page to rear drum support roller Kit....Click on the rollers...The next window will open ..It will say repair video..Click on that video...There you have your dryer..Do you have the belt removed when trying to install the drum...?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my apologies.......I am dyslexic apparently. the model # XXXXX XXXXX mistake.

Do you have the front of the dryer removed..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes...I have replaced the thermal fuse.....cleaned out all the lint and need to reinstall the drum. I cant get the lip of the drum to seat onto the roller wheels.

The model number you gave is the same model series of the video i posted for you..The drum should sit on top of the rollers..The drum fits loosely up against the back of the dryer ..It will not tighten up until the front is reinstalled...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is a Maytag version. Please look up the model number on Sears parts and you will see that it is not the standard Whirlpool you are describing in the video. Everything is different.

Yes thats the same one i showed you..Drum installs the same way..Drum sits on top of rollers..Same dryer different parts source..CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I agree that the drum sits on the wheels the same way, but my problem is that the drum does not install as easy as the one you are portraying. I have the one you showed me and it is different.

The unit in question is different. The roller wheels are wider and flat on the top edge. It does not install as easy. Why is this? Are there any tricks taht are different from the Whirlpool version? The Whirlpool that you reference is very easy to install the drum.

Correct..The wheels do not taper..They are flat across the outer diameter...These do really not install in a different manner..Make sure you have the seal at the back end of the drum folded outward..This will give you some wiggle room..With the top lifted up..Set the drum in on top of the rollers..NExt install the drum belt..You can completed a test run by installing the front panel on the dryer to check the fit..Keep in mind the drum will not spin freely once the front panel is will have some drag to to it.//Let me know how you do.