Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a 13 year old Jennair convection 27" wall oven, model

I have a 13 year old Jennair convection 27" wall oven, model # XXXXX I replaced a defective control board three years ago, and all was OK until now. The oven heats, but when it gets around up to temperature, the F2 or F5 fault light comes on with loud beeping and the oven stops heating. If I press cancell and then restart, the problem goes away but only temperaraly. The F2 came on once during cool down.

Help Please, Tom in Maryland.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today.F2 error means the oven temperature is too hot ..Could be a rely or oven temperature sensor. Also check the harness to sensor at the wire connectors....I would first start with the sensor....Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I check the oven temp. sensor?

How do I check the relay? Does F5 indicate the same problem?

The F5 error indicates power to the heating element relays (either the bake or broil element) is disabled while in cook mode..This can happen due to intermittent sensor contact or intermittent on the power relay board..First test the sensor at the board through the wire harness to the sensor..To do this..Locate the harness at the computer..Test with a OHM meter..The range at room temperature should be from 1000- 1100 ohms..If not..Then replace the sensor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I checked the temp. sensor by pulling it out in the oven. It checked at about 1,100 ohms. I now have the the top of the oven exposed, but I need to locate the correct wiring harness and temperature sensor connections to check. The wires from the sensor are not loose enough to trace to the boards. If the connection checks out, how do I check the relay?

You should be able to look at the wires at the connector at the sensor end..Then match them up at the control board..Test for ohms thru the connector at the computer side..No real way to test the relay..It would need to be replaced...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The temperature sensor, all of the connections up the control board, and the resistance up to the control board all check out OK. Is the next step the relay? How do I replace it?

Thanks, Tom

On this unit the relay is part of the computer..At this point its a 50/50 chance of the problem being either the front panel..Which consists of the keypad...Or the ovens computer..I replace one of these a week before ended up being the panel itself..Are you able to input in to the keypad without problems..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the key pad works, and I can set the type of oven heat (convection, bake, etc.) and key in the temperature. The problem seems to arise when the oven gets up to temperature. The relay board is over $200, if that does not fix it, the what? Am I stuck with the new relay board?

Unfortunately at this point there is no way to test the computer without factory equipment...You have removed the keypad and repositioned it correct..? From what you are explaining i would lean towards the computer being faulty...THis is why we suggest not to use the self clean on most model..The extreme me heat will damage the components especially on this unit with the computer mounted close to the stove box..